To be responsible for the effective and efficient implementation and management of a new 3-4 bed Children’s Home in Cardiff, operating within an agreed annual budget. The Registered Children’s Home Manager has full responsibility for the day to day running and operation of the service, supported by a team of staff to ensure the children’s welfare, safety and needs are at the centre of all care. Responsible for all effective deployment of staff across the service, referrals, admissions and care practice.
The Registered Manager must meet the relevant Care Inspectorate for Wales (CIW) fitness requirements to fulfil the role.
Hours of Work
Your normal working hours (which the Company reserves the right to vary from time to time) are 37.5 hours in any 7 day cycle. It is an expectation that the Registered Manager will be flexible with working hours to accommodate staffing variations and the needs of the service and include weekend and evening cover as required and to be part of an on-call system.
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Post is subject to enhanced criminal record disclosure check.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for delivering an innovative, responsive and high quality child-centred service to meet the young people’s needs; ensuring their safety and physical/emotional wellbeing and development at all times.
2. To lead and be accountable for the achievement of positive outcomes for children and drive continuous improvement by using performance data and evidence based outcome measures to deliver positive results for young people.
3. Ensure the service complies with all regulatory and statutory requirements and operates at the high standards required by the Company and in keeping with the home’s Statement of Purpose. Ensure all contractual standards of placing authorities are met and where possible exceeded.
4. Ensure suitable systems are in place to provide quantitative and qualitative data to evidence the outcomes achieved by the young people and to audit the quality of the care, working closely with the Responsible Individual.
5. To lead, inspire, motivate and manage a team of residential and support staff, ensuring the service is appropriately staffed and covered at all times in line with regulatory requirements. Ensure that all staff are managed in accordance with agreed procedures including regular supervisions and annual appraisals in accordance with company policies and standards.
6. To be involved in the recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees.
7. To ensure efficient and effective administrative and electronic systems are in place to meet legal, statutory and company obligations for recording and reporting and evaluating standards of performance.
8. Ensure the service performs at a level to achieve the highest CIW inspection rating, supporting a programme of continuous business improvement.
9. Deliver a child-centred and child-focussed service where detailed assessments (care plans, risk assessments etc.) and programmes of work are undertaken to meet the needs of each young person and adapted as changes occur. Ensure the delivery of detailed care planning, regular monitoring and review takes place.
10. To achieve the highest standards of safeguarding, whether through direct care provision or support activities to the children and young people who come into contact with our services, or by appropriately reporting concerns about any child or young person.
11. To promote equality, inclusion, respect and fairness and to manage diversity in all areas of planning and service delivery, through an active involvement in implementing our equality and diversity policy.
12. To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines.
13. To promote appropriate relationships between staff and young people and their families, promoting the young people’s involvement and participation in the day to day life of the home.
14. To be involved in the day to day activities and running of the home.
15. To ensure regular and effective meetings are maintained to enhance and develop service delivery, chairing meetings, and ensure effective communication and team working and the operation of the key worker role. 16. Develop and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with referring authorities, Inspectors from the Regulatory Body and other professionals to ensure the service represents high standards of residential care.
17. Deliver the service as identified through the business planning and budget in liaison with the staff team and Responsible Individual.
18. Fulfil all responsibilities under Health & Safety legislation and policy to provide a safe environment for everyone. Ensure the service operates effective systems to satisfy the company’s corporate responsibilities.
19. To manage a delegated budget and to ensure effective budgetary and petty cash systems are operated by all with designated authority, to support the effective financial management of the service.
20. In liaison with the Responsible Individual develop, operate and continually review the service development plan to ensure it meets the objectives agreed and set and participate in corporate and management activities.
21. To promote the vision and values of the company to provide services with a clear sense of purpose and agreed way of working and ensure that high standards of professional ethics and behaviour are demonstrated by staff at all times.
22. To support an environment where staff’s health and wellbeing is considered, staff feel motivated and engaged contributing to the achievement of the company’s and service’s objectives.
23. Provide support, guidance and direction to Senior Residential Social Workers and shift leaders to enable them to perform their roles effectively. Act as a mentor to support their development as first line managers.
24. To ensure that the statutory and core training percentage is at a level exceeding Quality Standards and expectations wherever possible.
25. To ensure all staff are trained and qualified and identify training and development opportunities for staff. Ensure the mandatory training compliance data is utilised to monitor training and take action accordingly. 26. Involvement in disciplinary, capability, grievance and other people management procedures in accordance with Company policy as appropriate.
27. To investigate incidents, complaints or allegations in line with organisational procedures including the suspension of staff involved in Safeguarding issues in conjunction with the Responsible Individual and HR. 28. Be responsible for keeping up to date with current trends in childcare, changing legislation, research and best practice; disseminate to the staff team for their ongoing development. To maintain own registration and ensure that all relevant employees maintain their registration through regular monitoring and checking.
29. To ensure the physical state of the building is maintained to a high standard and that all repairs and maintenance are dealt with promptly.
30. Our client operates within a changing legislative environment and as such work priorities and targets may change, they reserve the right to make reasonable changes to this job description and duties as required.
31. To carry out any other appropriate duties as may be reasonably expected by the Responsible Individual.
To find out more information about this job role, please contact our team: -
T: 01656 330951
72 views0 comments